Theatrical writing competition
Writing competition for Sharjah Youth Theater!
A creative competition that allows all groups of society up to the age of 35 years to participate by diving into the concerns of the youth category from 13-18 years and in the issues of dramatic work that open the horizons of creativity and satisfy their imagination and taste. The text can be directed to all age groups
Young Theater Writing Competition Prizes:
First prize: 10,000 dirhams
Second prize: 8000 dirhams
Third prize: 6000 dirhams
And two awards
Fourth prize: 4000 dirhams
Fifth Prize: 3000 dirhams
The purpose of the writing competition for young stage theater: to write five paragraphs for young stage theater and submit them from
During theatrical groups in the emerging centers, and perhaps the competition between performances later.
The text must be in Standard Arabic
– Meets the elements of dramatic writing
– The protagonists of the text must be from the youth category, from 13 to 19 years old
– That the subject of the text expresses the concerns and aspirations of the emerging category.
– The script must be new.
– He has never participated in any other competition or performed on stage
– The participant owns the intellectual rights to the submitted text
– Participation is open to Emiratis and residents under the age of 35
– The participation should be sent on a Word document not exceeding 3000 words attached within the electronic registration form with the Emirates ID and a copy of the short CV
– The Sharjah Startup Foundation reserves the right to print the winning texts and present them on stage for a period of three years, according to a written acknowledgment from the participant.
For more information, contact: Adnan Salloum – Supervisor of the Performing Arts at Sharjah Youth –
[email protected] – 0509324542 – 065933035
Competition launch: March 27, 2021 on the occasion of World Theater Day
Application Deadline: From 1 April to 30 October 2021
Shortlist announcement: December 16, 2021
The final announcement of the awards: January 10, 2022 within the Open Day event for Youth Theater and the Arab Theater Day